Tuesday, April 7, 2015

I Am Not Beautiful

So scrolling through Facebook - I see this link to this Dove commercial. I hit play, and I start to cry when watching the video.

http://dovechoosebeautiful.tumblr.com/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=YouTube_DoveUnitedStates&utm_campaign=Choose%20Beautiful%20_CN000242&utm_term=None&utm_content=x_x_LV4_CH2215_CH2215_Dove_US

I normally describe myself as short, fat and ugly.  People get so annoyed with me when I do - but it is how I feel.  I am not beautiful, I am not smart.  I've just been lucky in some respects (mainly with my job).

This campaign asks one to choose between "Average" and "Beautiful".   I would say that I'm below average.

There was a time at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City when I was riding down an escalator opposite one going up.  A few kids started to "moo" - it took me a few seconds to realize they were "moo-ing" at me.  I wanted to run and to hide.  To think I was ONLY a size 12 at the time and I thought I was huge and hideous.  (Now at a size 20, how I would give to be that 12 again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment